Horslyx Respiratory Balancer
What is it?
All horses require a healthy respiratory system to ensure optimum performance. Horslyx Respiratory Balancer is an effective addition to the diet to help support all equines from the competition horse to the family pony.
Respiratory Balancer is designed to provide a two-pronged approach in supporting a healthy respiratory system. Ingredients such as menthol, eucalyptus and aniseed support the airways, meanwhile the high specification balancer package helps to maintain immunity.
Licking takes time and patience which is perfect for horses that are stabled for long periods of time and can help reduce stress and boredom, plus the specific Respiratory ingredients can help maintain healthy breathing and lessen the chance of ill-health affecting performance levels.
What should I feed Horslyx Respiratory Balancer?
- If your horse is prone to coughing or any respiratory compromise, Respiratory Balancer can support the body’s natural defense mechanism.
- For horses that are stabled for long periods of time, Respiratory Balancer can help maintain healthy breathing and lessen the chance of ill-health affecting performance levels.
- Competition horses require a healthy respiratory system to ensure optimum performance. Respiratory Balancer is an effective addition to the diet to help support the competition horse.
- Licking takes time and patience, which is perfect for horses that are stabled for long periods of time and can help reduce stress and boredom.
- Licking enhances saliva production, which helps support the digestive system.
Please note that the product information is written in an international context and can be in conflict with your local regulation. For local information please choose your country at the top of the page.
Menthol, Eucalyptus and Aniseed: Menthol, eucalyptus and aniseed can help keep airways clear of mucus, which can help the horse to breathe more easily and dramatically reduce stress.
Antioxidants: A combination of powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E, Selenium, chelated Copper and Zinc are included to support and maintain a healthy immune system, which maximises the ability to support and aid healthy lung function.
Vitamin C: Healthy horses fed adequate amounts of fibre will have the ability to synthesise their own Vitamin C requirement. However, research suggests that supplementation may be beneficial in times of “stress” or where disease is present when the body’s ability to synthesise Vitamin C may be compromised (Marlin et al, 2005). Recent research work has also identified that this vitamin, as well as being an antioxidant, plays a crucial role in the horse’s respiratory health. Being water soluble, Vitamin C is found in very high concentrations in the fluid lining the airways (Deaton et al, 2002). Vitamin C is also actively involved in the recycling or “re-activation” of Vitamin E. It is also involved in general metabolism, iron absorption and anti-stress hormones.